Saturday, September 22, 2012

Day 122: A place for everything

It took me a long time to stop feeling guilty and like a weirdo just because I like neat. I don't just like it when it's neat, I get a great sense of satisfaction out of turning messes into neat, out of bringing order to chaos. And I'm good at it. It's wonderful to be good at something you like to do, especially something that most of the rest of humanity dislikes so vehemently.

For a long time, I felt like I should not actually enjoy the act of neatening. That I should do it but grudgingly. Nowadays, it's somewhat of a given that given half a chance I will start reorganizing your closets and lining up the bookshelves. Or cleaning out the fridge. I'm not much for cleaning really, but neatening...that's my thing. And before you ask, yes, it's equally neat at my place. Not all the time of course but most of the time. When a certain line gets crossed, or I'm expecting company, then sim-salla-bim (as the Swedes would say) the place gets a once over. Besides, I can't think well in a clutter. And I do so like thinking well.

So, there you have it. I'm out of the closet. Just call me Neatnik ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment