Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 120: Sun and stars and all creation...

If you were in the chorus at Russell Sage Junior High School the same years as I, then you will recognize those as the lyrics to Beethoven's Ode to Joy. Perhaps you were in another chorus, or not, and recognize them anyway. I hadn't thought of them myself in quite a number of decades (though exactly how many I will not divulge ;-)) until the other night when the Sweeties were practicing the piano.

Yesterday, and again today, I had a go at it myself. My days of piano lessons coincided pretty much with the aforementioned chorus and lasted about the same number of years, that is, three. If you have ever studied the piano you know that three is not very many years. To my delight, I could actually manage this (very simple, albeit two-handed) version of Ode to Joy. Joyous indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment