Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day 119: Today, a cook

Friends think of me as a good cook while I think of myself as good at following recipes. If you want to become a cook, try making food in someone else's kitchen, even a really well equipped, well stocked kitchen like the one at the my Sweeties' home.

My challenge was facing ingredients and spices that I am not at all familiar with. Since I did not feel like going to the store, I was forced to rely on my imagination and past experience to come up with some combination of things that would not only be edible but also palatable. I am quite pleased with the result:



The real test will come in an hour or so when the Sweeties and I sit down to eat...will it be thumbs up? Or do I revert to recipes online? The suspense is mounting...

1 comment:

  1. And I quote, "Is there more Auntie Bella? 'Cause this is a delicious meal!"

    Guess I might make a cook of myself someday after all!

    ReplyDelete