Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 121: Tomorrow

Today, I'm glad that yesterday had a tomorrow. A time to start over, to do better than I did the day before. It amazes me that I get second chances and that they come with so much love and consideration. Like being thanked by a very sleepy Sweetie for waking him up. And having a long and thoughtful conversation with another Sweetie over breakfast about the merits of various cities to travel to. And "coming Auntie Bella" (rather than "just a second" or "I just have to...") when I called down the stairs to their playroom where they were getting in precious minutes with the adored Legos. And smiles and "see you later"s as they went off to school, on time...maybe even a minute or two early. Grace.

On a practical note, this was my happy project for today. Note that I did stop short of alphabetizing, though they are sorted by language and type of book. A bonus was finding postcards from Auntie Bella strewn here and there among the books, postcards that are now neatly stored in a plastic bag on the top shelf along with letters from Aunt Janice ;-))

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment