Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 20: Facelift

When my cousin's granddaughter visited Stockholm a few years ago, I accompanied her to Centralen (Stockholm's central station). Her comment was, "Yup, typical central station in a big city." She was right, of course, which is why I'm happy to report that Centralen is getting a facelift.

The upper level and main concourse are done. They've started on the lower level and are renovating the stretch between the subway and the commuter trains in increments. Sections of that area are cordoned off by brightly colored screens with huge words printed on them. Anticipating people's reactions to the inevitable inconvenience of extended renovations, here's what the signs say:

Nuts

Ungainly
Messy

Pretty clever if you ask me. Takes the wind right out of the complainer's sails. Made me laugh. Good strategy on the whole. And they say the Swedes have no sense of humor! :-)

Here are some photos of the work in progress:








No comments:

Post a Comment