Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 17: Tears of joy

When we looked up the weather forecast for today last night, we were stumped by icons for sunshine and rain. It's going to be rainy AND sunny? Makes no sense. So here it is today and what's it look like outside? You guessed it...sunshine and showers. Which kind of fits my inner landscape as well because today, so many things have moved me to tears. The good kind...as in, having a good cry.

There is something exceptional about being moved to tears. I'm pretty sentimental so it doesn't take much to set me off. It's only 3 PM and already I've had three bouts of crying today! Silly TV programs, feel-good movies, any type of artistic talent (playing or singing music, painting, photography, dancing) can all start teardrops rolling down my cheeks.

I was checking out some concerts to go to this summer and came across this video of the singing group Perpetuum Jazzile. I only meant to get a taste for what their music is like but they hooked me from the first few seconds. Such joy, and animation and passion. Sit back, relax and enjoy. Then read on...



Then I happen to follow a link Juliana posted and am whisked off to Japan to share the joy of an amazing photo session, this time with Ju herself and her husband Nils as the subjects. Again, so much passion. And love. And life.


Bring on the hankies!

No comments:

Post a Comment