Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 136: Small pleasures

A day that begins with sleeping late is bound to be a good day. It was well past 10 AM when the craving for coffee finally got me to swing my legs off the bed and bounce into the kitchen. While the coffee was brewing, I puttered with this and that until, quite unexpectedly, the doorbell rang. Still in my nightgown, I was a bit put off and assumed it was someone in the building on a board of directors errand. Not really intending to open the door, I peeked through the peep hole only to discover that the mystery intruder was none other than a friend visiting from Australia.

We'd made plans for her to stop by for a cup of tea and a chat, plans that I'd managed to completely forget about! Naturally, because I did not write them in my calendar. Nothing to it but to open the door and welcome her in. What a lovely couple of hours we spent catching up on what's been happening in our respective lives over a hot drink and pastries she brought along. Put a smile on my face for the rest of the day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment