Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 66: Loaning

Only recently did I discover that the public library system in Stockholm has a rather wide selection of books in English. I joined an American book club a few years back and had been buying my books online or electronically. It never occurred to me to look for the books in the library. I don't remember what made me think of it for the May book but I do remember how delighted I was to find the book in the library.



The icing on the cake is visiting the library to fetch the book. Stockholms Stadsbiblioteket (City Library) is an architectural wonder. The library was designed by Gunnar Asplund and boasts a collection of 700,000 books. It is an impressive building with a breathtaking rotunda. As you climb the steps into the rotunda your gaze is met by a large circular set of bookshelves that are mesmerizing. Visiting the library is a treat both for the eye and the mind. 

And now to this month's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment