Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 65: Nothing turns to something

As much as I love lazy days, I know I'm much happier on days when I have someplace to be, something to do and someone(s) to do it with. This is especially true when it's at somebody else's initiative or comes by surprise.

My morning ritual (coffee and a round of RummiKub online) was over and I'd already caught up my WordFeud games when I looked at the clock. 8:16. AM. The day stretched long ahead with no plans and, in fact, nothing of any significance on the master To Do list. I sat right down and finally edited and posted the photos from my vacation with the Sweeties (you can see them, with commentary, here :::link). That done, it was back to lazying around and more WordFeud. Cesar Millán is always good for an hour; other than that it's slim pickings on TV. Well, you're getting the picture.

"So," I thought. "Better plan something for tomorrow. One lazy day in a row is sufficient :-))." Off I sent a message to a friend I have not seen for some months, suggesting a walk for today or tomorrow. One thing led to another and as it turned out I'm off to dinner and the theater with him this evening. It's a production I've had on my radar; an acquaintance of mine is in it. And a restaurant I like but eat at only occasionally. All in all, a promising combination.

Have a great evening (or day, depending on your time zone) everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment