Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 64: "Into the woods...

...and down the dell, the path is long, I know it well. Into the woods and who can tell what's waiting on the journey." --Stephen Sondheim.

Today's journey, on one of the few truly summery days we've had this year, took me past this beautiful scene.


A lake, a lawn and many sunbathers. One of the wonderful things about living in Stockholm is how close you are to sites and sights like this one. When one of my friends suggested a walk, I jumped at the opportunity. I took the subway to her house (13 minutes) and we set off. Less than 10 yards from her front door, we entered the woods. One hour and five kilometers later, we were back at her place, happy, sweaty and pleased with ourselves. Now that's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment