Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 250: More culinary heaven...and nostalgia

Brunch: Eggs Benedict with spinach and avocado and crab cake. I ordered one, Mickey D ordered the other and we shared. Why can't you get eggs Benedict in Stockholm? What a great concept...and soooo delicious. Freshly squeezed orange juice and freshly brewed decaf (after the first cup of caffeinated) capped off the meal. And great conversation.

Then I took the train out to Forest Hills, the neighborhood I grew up in, to visit with two of my mother's neighbors who've since become my friends. We ate at a local Chinese restaurant where we were the only non-Chinese customers (always a good sign). It was a special feeling climbing up the subway stairs into my old stomping grounds. So many years. So many memories.

Another satisfying day in NYC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment