Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 251: Reunion

Brunch at The Brasserie on East 53 Street
Had a wonderful brunch today with a friend from graduate school who I hadn't seen in some eight years. We have one of those relationships that picks up pretty much where it left off and I simply delight in the company of this vivacious, intelligent, no-nonsense, funny, warm and wise woman. Beautiful too. Our paths have diverged considerably since grad school, she getting married and raising a family and pursuing a career in our former field of study, and me staying single and switch fields (several times) and moving abroad. Still, there's never a lull in the conversation and I am loathe to part ways when our long brunch is over.

What a blessing to have such friends in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment