Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 208: T for terrific

What to do with a million leftover carrots and a dozen leftover peeled potatoes? Cook soup, of course. I was all set and quite pleased with the prospect when I remembered that my stove is not functioning. To make matters worse, a phone call to the gas station near my house revealed that they have stopped selling liquefied petroleum gas. Yikes.

A round of phone calls to other gas stations within Stockholm city limits located said gas at a station way across town. Nothing to it but to bundle up, load the two empty gas containers onto my luggage cart and haul them through the very slushy streets to get filled. Boy am I glad I live in a town with a great public transportation system! Subway stations with elevators and kneeling buses saved the day.

The soup, btw, turned out great :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment