Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 207: Maoz tzur

House still smells like latkes. But it's quiet now. Another Chanukkah celebration. Some highlights:

Thea, 7 years old. "Auntie Bella. What was the Chanukkah story about. I didn't really understand it." Reached right into my heart...that curiosity.

Me, "Thank you for the presents...should I open them now? Do you want yours now?"
Axel and Bruno, "Nah, let's do it later. It's fun to wait."
Need I say more? And Bruno "let" me kiss him...twice.

In the middle of frying my final batch of latkes...which, for the record, reached their savory height this year...I ran out of gas. Literally: the stove died. Thank goodness for neighbors!

Nice to have traditions in my life. And people to share them with. And pictures to remember them by.


No comments:

Post a Comment