Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 177: Proximity

Today, I think a great deal about my brother's children. How close to my heart they stand and how far away they live. How happy I am to be part of their lives. How I wish they were a greater part in mine. And I hope they are safe.

Sister and brother a few years ago
Nephew in April

Husband and wife earlier this year
It's not in our teachings to be the aggressors. But it is to stand up for our rights. Take responsibility. Build a future. Invest in education. Science. Technology. The Arts. The Humanities. Medicine.

Peace would benefit the Israelis much more than the Arabs. And therein lies the crux, in my opinion. If you're truly interested in Peace, you would strike a deal that is reasonable. And then you would stick to it. That's what trust is based on. The past is the best predictor of the future. That doesn't mean that you never make mistakes. You do. And you learn to acknowledge them, take responsibility for your part. That also becomes part of the past...and thus part of the future.

A bit philosophical this evening. It's that kind of happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment