Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day 104: Urban Adventures

The rain managed to hold off until we were all done strolling through the area of Södermalm that is so charmingly referred to as SoFo. A native told me that the name was originally the invention of real estate agents who were out to create somewhat of a bohemian reputation for the area and it stuck. Over the past few years, the neighborhood has sort of grown into its name and now boasts boutiques, galleries and some great restaurants.

What better way to explore the area than in the company of two out of town guests, this time from Brazil, the parents of my wonderful friend Juliana (btw, if you have never checked out Ju's Web site, do it now...she is an amazing photographer http://www.morethanwords.se/). They were such wonderful hosts when I was in Curitiba a few years back and it made me happy to spend some time with them in my hometown.


P.S. For those of you who have been following my computer saga, I am happy to report that my X61s is up and running, all the files transferred successfully and I am enjoying the speed that comes with the first few days of a brand new setup. I know it won't last for long ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment