Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 103: Up and running again!

People, it's been quite a day. Held my breath as first hours and then minutes ticked away leading up to the 2 PM closing of the online auction. Would I have the winning bid? Or would someone sneak in during the last few seconds and screw me over? As I stared at the screen at 1:59:53, the auction closed and all the items simply disappeared. Yikes. No clue...I thought I had the highest bid but what if someone had gotten in just under the wire?

Meanwhile, to steady my nerves and make me feel I was doing something constructive, I contacted Microsoft to ask how I go about transferring my Office package from my old computer to my (I was hoping!) newly acquired one. I had purchased Office a year ago through an offer we got at the company I was working for at the time. It was a great deal...if I remember correctly, it cost $10...yes, that is ten U.S. dollars.

A very pleasant Microsoft rep, referred me to the local Home Use company where an equally pleasant customer support rep provided great, eh, customer support. Naturally, she asked me for the license number which naturally, I did not know. She then searched for my record using my previous work e-mail address and, lo and behold, she found it. Ten minutes later, I had a link in my inbox to downloading the package! Miraculous, no?

Shortly thereafter, another e-mail arrived, this one from the auction site informing me that my items were ready for pickup. Items, in the plural, because at the last minute I placed a bid on a multifunction color printer, in addition to the laptop. So, now I am the proud owner of a Lenovo ThinkPad X61s with 3 mg RAM, 100 GB hard drive, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Office Package, Windows 7 and a multifunction color printer/scanner/photocopier.


All that for the outrage price of 1400 kr or $209 at today's exchange rate.

I am a happy camper!

1 comment: