Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 105: Eschaton


Today's entry was going to be called apocalypse until Wikipedia explained to me that apocalypse is a revelation of something hidden, which is not at all what I want to write about. Apparently, in the Revelation of John the revelation which John receives is that of the ultimate victory of good over evil and the end of the present age. And therefore, many people misconstrue the word apocalypse to refer to the end of the world in general.


What I want to write about is the dream I had last night, in which the world as we know it did come to an end. It was rather celebratory. I was uplifted and filled with energy as I recognized the opportunity to create something better, together with a variety of people situated in many corners of the world. While many people around were in a state of despair, anxiety and panic, I felt optimism and a call to rally our creative forces. I traveled, or rather teletransported, to many locations, the last of which was an underground cave where people had taken shelter sharing their meager supplies. As I encouraged them not to give up hope, a large and loud crowd of looters was heard above us, and I realized that not everyone was going to share our enthusiasm for rebuilding. The realization hit hard.

So what is this story doing in a blog about happiness? Let me tell you, I was very happy to wake up and realize that it was just a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment