Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 97: It takes so little...

...to make me happy, really. On my way home from the Stockholm Language Exchange group tonight, for example, I suddenly remembered that I had to buy milk. Immediately, a big grin appeared on my face and my step got lighter. If you're looking quizzical while reading this then you're probably young. Younger than me. Wait a decade or two and you'll understand how spontaneously remembering an errand without having to write it down, set an alarm or tie a ribbon round your finger can generate an instantaneous feeling of joy!




So what's the Stockholm Language Exchange, you ask? It's a MeetUp group where people get together to practice a language of their choice. There is always at least one fluent speaker (usually a native) on hand as host to support and encourage. I attend the French group from time to time to try and kick-start my French after too many years of neglect. And I regularly attend the Swedish group (our most popular) where I host, helping folks who want to improve their Swedish. It is sooooo much fun and I've even developed a bit of a following :-) Check out the site (::: link) to see what languages are offered. Maybe I'll see you there?


No comments:

Post a Comment