Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 100: It's the little things you do...


Well, Sondheim would have it "together" but today's happy was all about taking care of myself. You know the drill: paying bills, catching up on errands, researching computers. 

I found a great site, BTW (or rather was referred to it by a former colleague) called www.it-auktion.se. They acquire computers that companies are getting rid of, wipe their hard drives, test them and then auction them off online. They come with a one year guarantee and the auction closes once a week. So, I hope that by Monday, I will back up and running. I do love my iPad but being computerless is not much fun, even with my handy dandy iPad on hand.

This evening, I tutored a lovely young woman in Swedish. We meet every so often and converse. I am tickled by the fact that I of all people am helping people improve their Swedish...funny where life leads you. In any event, it is always a pleasure to work with her. She is so motivated, hard working and at the same time such a gentle soul. Today, I mostly listened as she told me in great detail about a difficult relationship at work. She picked the topic and it was pretty astounding listening to her struggle to express herself on such an emotional subject in a language that is not her native tongue. Impressive and inspiring. I lead a charmed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment