Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 270: Cravings

Still sleepless at around 4 AM, I began craving chicken soup. Not the canned Campbell's type (which in any event is not available here) but the kind my mother...and other mothers in our family...used to make. Could do nothing to satisfy that craving in the middle of the night when stores are closed and I did not have the requisite ingredients at home.

On my walk this afternoon, because naturally I was not awake in time for a morning walk, I noticed that the local supermarket had chickens on sale for a third of their usual price. I took this as a sign from the heavens. Just half an hour later, armed with the necessary ingredients, I set a pot on the stove. And decided to make matzo balls too.

This is the result:



All I can say is YUM! Soooo delicious. And so easy to make. Will have to do this more often. Of course, there's tons of it now (after all, you can't make "a little" chicken soup) so if you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop by. Plenty to go around...

No comments:

Post a Comment