Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 193: Parlez-vous...?

After a month long hiatus from the Language Exchange meetup, I dived right in...to the kiddy pool. Sheesh, how hard can it be? I mean it's a language I used to parler fluently. But no sirree, those words are just stuck in there and refuse to come out.

It was a relief when the Swedish session rolled around and I could be in my element again, although I still find it somewhat bewildering to be the "language expert" at the table. Today one of the other hosts corrected an error I made...that was sooo nice, does not happen often these days which I attribute more to Swedish politeness than to my flawless speech.

After biting cold temperatures on the way home, I am now happy to be home and warming up supper.

Bon appetite!
Smaklig måltid!

P.S. Today's photo has no direct connection to the blog...it is just so fabulous, I had to share it!

Or whatever you say in your local language... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment