Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 141: The Wonders of Modern Technology

Every once in a while, I marvel at the wonders of modern technology and tonight was just such an occasion. When people ask me if I miss New York, I answer that there are things I miss about New York. At the top of the list is always theater. Theater also accounts for one of only two things I actually like about London (the other is afternoon tea :-)) It's not so much seeing theater in English, although that too is a joy. It's the variety of plays around and the quality of the acting.

Watching The Last of the Haussmans broadcast live from London's The National Theater at BioRio this evening, I reflected on how much technology had contributed to the fact that I attended this performance at all. I first heard about BioRio in a post a friend had uploaded to Facebook. We made arrangements via e-mail to go see this performance. I bought my ticket online and was able to select a seat right next to her. This afternoon, I downloaded the ticket from BioRio's Web site and printed it. And tonight, I got to see an excellent play, very well performed and directed, right in the comfort of my own city!

What exquisite use of technology...more technology to the people!


No comments:

Post a Comment