Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 113: Finding happy in disaster

I get to spend the night at Ulricha's which really is the silver lining. But what an evening in that cloud!

Off I went from the Math Labs tonight feeling happy and full of life. I had helped a couple of students, one with converting from base 16 to a binary number and another with expanding expressions, and I had an opening at Fotografiska to look forward to. On top of all that, I was feeling particularly pleased with myself for walking the couple of kilometers to Fotografiska, and at a brisk pace at that.

The exhibition, btw, is fabulous. One to return to again and again, taking it in sections. An amazing body of work. And as a member, I can go as often as I please...one of my favorite investments over the past couple of years with the highest ROI to date. But I digress...

It's a good thing too, about my membership, because I had not been there for longer than 10 minutes when I realized that I did not have my portfolio. It's just a simple plastic case with a zipper and looseleaf rings inside. I use it whenever I volunteer at Mattecentrum, so it has scrap paper, pencils and a whole bunch of solved equations. Tonight, however, it also housed my house keys.

My last ray of hope is that one of the other volunteers found it and took it home for safe keeping. Waiting with baited breath for a mail or a phone call...


No comments:

Post a Comment