Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 109: Farming!

Yum!
Or as close as I ever get to farming anyway ;-)

Today, we picked apples from the tree in our garden. What a luxury in the middle of town to have a fruit tree growing just outside my kitchen. One of the neighbors even brought along a makeshift apple picker that he devised himself to help us reach the really high fruits. And another had a nice long ladder that we used. It's surprising just how many apples this one tree produces. The birds had gotten to quite a number of them, about half, and we sorted our harvest into two bags, one for eating and another for cooking. Apple sauce and apple pie, here I come!

Our official taste tester (left) and her dad with his home made apple picker

Good for cooking (left) and eating...help yourselves!


1 comment:

  1. Yum! When I lived in LA years ago there was a lemon tree in my yard. I loved that! Always had fresh lemons. :-)

    ReplyDelete