Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 1/11: 9/11


We all have those certain moments in life that we will never forget and some of them are communal. For example, although I was just a kid and not even living in the U.S.A. at the time, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I first heard the news that John F. Kennedy had been assassinated. Many years later, although I was no longer a kid and again not living in the U.S.A., I remember vividly sitting in my office chatting with a cousin in Israel on AIM when he told me what was happening. I quickly picked up the phone and called a good friend in NY. She was sitting in her office and while we were still incredulously discussing what had happened, the second plane hit the Twin Towers.Of the many posts about this historic date on Facebook today, this one by one of my FB friends is the one that I liked the most, for its hope and positivity.


"I'll never forget, but I think this will be the first #sept11 where I don't spend all day feeling heartsick. Work for peace everyday."

Amen to that!



No comments:

Post a Comment