Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 50: Happily pummeled

There is nothing on the planet...and I mean nothing...that I like better than massage. Getting one, that is :-)

After three days of being on my feet followed by an entire day of cleaning at home, my big reward today was an hour-long massage. The masseur commented afterwards that it was easy to treat me because I had no problem relaxing into the massage. Not surprising with the amount practice I've had!

Starting with a new masseur or masseuse is always chancy. Because as much as I like massage, there's nothing worse than a bad one. A good massage has just the right amount of pressure. It should be deep enough to feel your muscles relaxing but not so deep that you scream in pain. Worse than too much pressure, is too little pressure. Makes my muscles contract in frustration and leaves me more tense than when it began.

I'm happy to report that today's experience was quite good. This masseur paid a good deal of attention to what his hands were feeling and spent extra time on those ugly knots. Best part, though, was when he massaged my feet and calves...pure heaven! Can't wait for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment