Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 313: Physical fitness

It's occurred to me twice in the past week that I am currently in the best physical condition I've ever been in. This will come as a shock, or as amusement, to those among you who know me well and know how much I despise working out. Still, it's true.

I remember one of the first times that I visited Stockholm and stayed with a friend who lived near Hornstull on Södermalm. She was teaching a tap class at the time and suggested we walk over Västerbron to the class. I thought the walk was endless. She thought it was a hop, skip and a jump away. Nowadays, I walk everywhere, including this week over that very same bridge...and beyond.

Feels good. Makes me happy.

Today's photo is of a sight that made me happy on the walk home from Gamla Stan. It was taken at 8:10 PM and you'll note that the sun is just setting. The journey toward the light is so very beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment