Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 169: Forgetfulness, part 2

Long brunch with a long-lost friend (well, not exactly lost but this meal has been 2.5 years in the planning) followed by a little online Rummikub, and off I went to the math lab. Today, I was able to help one student understand parallel lines and I learned that a cubic meter is equivalent to 1000 liters, and that a nanometer is 10 raised to negative nine of a meter. All in all, a good session. And it turned out that one of the other volunteers lives in my direction so I had company on the way home.

All was frid och fröjd until I turned on my cell phone and saw a missed call from Bente. Shit, shit, shit. I'd blown it. I forgot to leave the key for them... embarrassing. Call came in at 6:21. It was now past 7. Quickly, I returned the call. "Shit, shit shit," I said when she answered. After a moment's hesitation as she was figuring out who it was, the laughter peeled. Naturally, Bente had figured out a solution and they were all happily ensconsed, no problem. "I'm happy you forgot," she added.

Yup, sometimes you need a reminder that it doesn't all begin and end with you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment