Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 126: Atonement

It is the day of atonement today. Yom Kippur. It's a very spiritual day in the life of a Jew. This year, for me, it fell by the wayside in the sea of other realities that I live in. (Although not completely. Aside from morning coffee, I fasted for the rest of the day as tradition calls for.)

So what other realities filled my day? In no particular order: A funny exchange of e-mails with members of the board that I serve on of my bostadsrättsförening (co-op). Recruiting hosts for the next Swedish Language Exchange meetup. Updating the attendance list for Nick and Helen's bon voyage party that I'm throwing in October. A production meeting for Assassins followed by a meeting with the theater staff. Vacuuming and dusting my place in preparation for said production meeting. Refilling two retractable pencils with new lead. Oh, and various activities for ALLA KAN Institutet's 20th anniversary party coming up on Saturday.

Have I mentioned lately how much fun I'm having?
I lead a charmed life.

But I digress...

Before the day comes to a close, my sincerest apologies to those I have offended this year.

And for this Yom Kippur, I will atone...G-d willing...next Yom Kippur.
G'mar chatimah tovah!

No comments:

Post a Comment