Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 90: Preview

The crowning glory of this wonderful time together with my two good friends from high school came just a few minutes ago with the reading of chapter 1 of a novel that Lori has been working on for a long time now. I've known about, heard about, this novel on and off for many years and have been waiting (am still waiting) for it with great anticipation.

Chapter 1 took me by surprise. It is, naturally, well written and its style and nature is quite in line with my expectations. What I did not anticipate was how incredibly moving it would be, how gently and kindly and generously it depicts a story that carries me back to a time long ago, yet still so close to my heart.

Chasing Fireflies by Lori Berhon. Wait for it. Look for it. It is coming. Then sit down, immerse yourself and enjoy. I know I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment