Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 78: A spoonful of sugar...

Mary Poppins has nothing on me today. I woke up this morning from a rather anxiety-filled dream, the kind where things are just beyond your grasp and nothing you do goes right. That's why it felt extra good to have someplace to go and someone to meet. At the Central Station in Stockholm, I almost missed my bus to Uppsala but fortunately, thanks to a very helpful and efficient information clerk, I got to the right gate just moments before the bus was to leave.

It was a pleasant enough ride part of which I spent on the phone helping someone I know with a press release for a line of jewelry that she is launching. The bus arrived a bit ahead of schedule which gave me enough time to catch the earlier bus to Alunda where I was to spend the day hanging out with and helping a friend continue her major reorganizing/cleaning project.

Today we "attacked" her girls' bedrooms. What a great sense of satisfaction it is to see a room take shape from mild chaos to sparkling clean and orderly. To top it all off, I got a delicious meal in the bargain and the opportunity to engage with two pretty adorable cats.

I will sleep well tonight, with a smile on my face imagining the delight of my friend's two daughters when they come home from their vacation on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment