Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 77: Show biz

A few weeks ago, an acquaintance suggested I might be interested in volunteering at a folk musical festival that will take place in August at a palace on the outskirts of Stockholm. It seemed like a good idea at the time so I sent off an e-mail to the volunteer coordinator offering my services.

An information meeting for all volunteers was organized for today and, frankly, I was no longer as enthused. Still, I take my commitments seriously so off I went on the long-ish subway trip out to the palace in Hässelby.  What a beautiful setting! And what a great line-up of artists!

More than that, it was just plain fun to be in the swing of pre-production mayhem. I've always enjoyed being in on the backstage happenings of cultural events, in particular theater, and it's been a long time since I've been part of that scene. The festival promises to be a fantastic musical happening (how could it not me in this beautiful setting?) and I am looking forward to adding my contribution to making the magic happen.


Now if only the weather will cooperate...

No comments:

Post a Comment