Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 300: Egg-citing?

The sun was shining brightly this morning and I was all set to take a long walk to counteract my extremely sedentary day yesterday. Until the snow flurries started. Sheesh.

I did venture out to the grocery store quite happy that I'd run out of bread so that I had good incentive to step out of my cocoon. Eggs were on sale so I bought those too and decided that a snowy day is a good day to egg-speriment. I'd already tried the peel hard boiled eggs by blowing them out of their shells method...no such luck, or perhaps my lungs are just not strong enough. So today, I thought I'd give another of the tips I recently read on FB a try: baking eggs to get them hard boiled (so to speak).

The proponent of this method assures us that the eggs would taste better and be easier to peel. Hmmm...two of mine exploded in the process, none was easier to peel and they tasted pretty much like hard boiled eggs. Add the energy-intensive nature of this approach (baking them for 30-35 minutes in the oven vs. boiling for 10 minutes) I'm sticking with the good old fashioned water on top of the stove method.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment