Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 284: Twice blessed

Way back in August, I got the LCD screen of my iPad (1!) replaced. Just a few short weeks later, it tumbled off the bed and on to the carpeted floor and there went the new LCD screen. The screen was not cracked either time, it simply stopped working.

Naturally, I was quite frustrated and annoyed with myself and the iPad and couldn't help feeling cheated out of a working tablet. For months now, I've been debating what to do. Should I take it back to the repair shop? Would I be willing to pay to get it repaired again? Should I upgrade to the latest generation iPad instead? Should I make do with my iPhone alone?

And so the weeks turned into months and I did nothing. Every once in a while, I would look wistfully at the iPad in its gorgeous, handmade carrying case (thank you Dodi) and debate once again what to do. Finally, fed up with my own inertia, I decided to return to the repair shop with my tale of woe. The service person had me leave the iPad there with the promise that they would call when they determined what was wrong with it. That was on Thursday.

When they still hadn't called by 1 PM yesterday, I called them to get a status report. The iPad was repaired and they were surprised no one had called to inform me. Repaired? Without consulting me first? What was this fiasco going to cost me, I wondered? What I said was, "Oh," to which the person on the phone responded, "Naturally, there is no charge since it broke only weeks after we fixed it."

And they say the Swedes aren't service-minded! I picked it up today. As an added bonus, I found the bouquet of roses at the bus stop on my way home. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment