Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 224: Teamwork

Off I went at 7:45 to the theater to meet up with the group of technicians and volunteers on this first day of building scenery, setting lights, adjusting the sound system and so on. By 10:00, it was clear to me that I would not last much longer, with my runny nose and watery eyes and feverish complexion. Although I had promised to be on hand and lead the project today, I was forced to exit early rather than risk this rather bad cold turning into something worse, like pneumonia or bronchitis.

Confident in the tight teamwork that grew as the morning progressed, I was relieved and happy to be able to leave the scene knowing that all would be well. And so it was, as I later found out in a conversation with our set designer.

As for my cold...not so much. So I can only imagine how much worse I'd be feeling if I stuck around. But tomorrow is another day, and I've got plenty of administrative stuff to do to keep me busy between naps :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment