Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 179: Brain calesthenics

In a most relaxing pause in my day today, I spent some time preparing for the math convention that Mattecentrum is organizing. This is the first time I will have been at a Fall one, in the spring we set up big tents in Sergels Torg, a round square right out side Stadsteatern (The City Theater Center). Tomorrow we get more luxurious digs...Blå Hallen at Statshuset. This is where the city hosts the Nobel Dinner every year at City Hall. Quite magnificent. Just like the work that we do.

A good reminder of how much I like math and that I once was quite good at it too (until I hit pre-calc and it all died in the dust with a bang ;-)). I will be helping youngsters with Math B or 2 as they've now renamed it. It's a bit of algebra, quadratic equations, graphs, basic geometry (not the proofs, applications), probability. The fun stuff ;-) I do better on Matte B then 2...although they are supposed to be on equivalent levels...I think.

That's the news for today. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment