Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 85: Aaaahhh-choooo

Why do colds always seem to come on when it's most inconvenient? I woke up with a very sore throat very early this morning, just in time for the arrival of my good friends from out of town. We have many things planned for the short time they are going to be here and the last thing I need is to be sneezing through it all.

Up out of bed I dragged myself to drink some echinacea in the hopes of staving off said cold. Fortunately, I was able to fall back asleep and spent the rest of the day sleeping on and off, drinking tea and more echinacea. I'd be happy to be able to report that I beat this thing. Alas, not totally. Still, I'm glad it isn't worse than it is and look forward to spending time with my friends. Keep your fingers crossed (or hold your thumbs as we do here in Sweden ;-)).


No comments:

Post a Comment